Wednesday, February 8, 2012

"Pain in the Arse"

                                                   “Pain in the arse?"…..irritated over something not going as planned? ….being rubbed the wrong way? Just a few of the things that come to mind when I hear that expression. Minor annoyances for sure.

I have no recollection of any sustained injury to my “undercarriage.” A name once referred to that particular area of my anatomy by a dear doctor friend of mine. An area that we commonly call “our private parts. Over the past several months sitting on soft cushions has become just as uncomfortable as sitting on hard surfaces. Now that’s a real “pain in the arse”.

On the bright side (also known as the area where the sun does shine!) I can stand. Albeit, that causes swelling in my ankles. A sight I once thought was only a condition of the elderly.
So with my eye sight not as clear as it once was and a few of my body parts altered or missing, I am thankful for my heightened sense of smell. Except when the winds of human exhaustion blow my way. My earring, I consider to be still pretty keen. Unless, it’s when my husband mumbles. My taste buds though, seem to be intact as I am slightly overweight. And last but not least, my sense of touch seems to be grabbing top billing as most days the “arse seems to be fallin’ right out of ‘er”

So to this “end” I await the outcome of a scheduled bone scan at a well known medical facility where sitting and waiting goes without saying.

1 comment:

  1. You are too funny! Growing old does suck, but you and I can find the humour in it, which may make it a bit easier to deal with. And it does definitely beat the alternative.

    Sometimes life is just a bummer!

    ReplyDelete