Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I Have A Dream

Everyone has a dream or so says the 649 lotto ads. I, too, have a dream, Mine however, depends more on the finincial outcome of the sale of our family owned business than it does my winning the lottery.

Have you ever felt so close to something so good that you could almost taste it? Yet, at the same time you were afraid to lick your chops for fear it was only a dream. A dream you did not want to wake up from.

For years now I have found a deep personal contentment in every opportunity I've been given to journal my inner thoughts through short stories and poetry. Also, equally as satisfying are the images captured through the lens of my Canon Power Shot S51S. Sheer excitement and yet peaceful tranguility has been my reward for the appreciation and love of the beauty that surrounds me. Simple, yet simply breathtaking!

Whether through words or images, I look forward to my semi-retirement which I hope will allow me more time for writing and photography. "Semi-retirement," I choose to call it would allow me the freedom to pursue these passions in a more relaxed atmosphere. Less responsibilities, less demands, less expectactions and more of the true riches in life. Long leisurely strolls in the wide open outdoors, travels to reunite with family and friends and more time to spend with my husband rediscovering life without the bakery is where my thoughts are these days.

Don't get me wrong, I have great respect for the hard working individual, the go getter, the success stories. Maybe it's because we've both worked so hard that I am so looking forward to the fruits of our labour. 

I know who holds the future. And I also know who has carried me thus far and so it is with a thankful heart and an open mind that I acknowledge the gifts the good Lord has given me.

Therefore by His grace, I am embracing this particular crossroads in my life with both excitement and much anticipation.

God willing this coming Spring will not only bring new life, but for my husband and me....renewed life.

1 comment: