Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Things I Do !


On a recent trip to Botwood to visit our friends I made a simple, yet outrageous detour! We, (my husband and I) were not suppose to be in a rush that morning when we planned to get away from our business for a relaxing two or three days. But as usual, he always seems to be out in the car waiting on me. His actions not only infuriate me, but frustrate me to a point where I will occasionally forget to grab something which I had intended on taking.

This time it was a pair of gloves. The weather wasn’t too bad, for a normal person. Truth is the word normal just doesn’t fit well with me for some reason. Nothing I do reflects normal behaviour.

We both decided to stop at this popular local restaurant in Gander for lunch. Having frequented this location many a time before and enjoyed the food there we thought since it is Thanksgiving weekend we'll order a nice turkey dinner. Maybe it was the way I was dressed or maybe it was they didn't pay their heating bill. I am not usually a fast eater but I had to wolf down my meal in the case that it was me who was low on energy fuel. When we finished our meal and were about to continue our journey I suggested we make a quick stop to Wal-mart.
“What do you need to get there?” was my husband’s response. A pair of gloves was my reply, rubbing my hands vigorously. A chill had set in my bones that a hot meal nor coffee seemed to remedy.

“Sure he says,” we have time. We arrived on the parking lot and he pulled up next to the entrance and informed me that he would wait there, seeing as how I shouldn’t be too long getting a pair of gloves.

Half hour later, maybe more, I returned with a complete outfit minus the gloves. I was informed that their Christmas and winter stock hadn’t arrived yet. You see when I left home I was sporting a pair of tights, a floor length skirt (to cover my usual swollen ankles!), a pair of slip-on open-heel shoes, a blouse and a slight sweater under my jacket. I did have my blanket, just no gloves. It’s difficult for me to remember to take everything when I feel the slightest hint of pressure.

Anyhow, our journey was now back on track including a stop for refuelling. Needless to say my blanket came in handy. Upon my husbands return to our vehicle I presented myself in the latest Wal-Mart attire. A new pair of socks (over my tights of course), a pair of enclosed laced up black shoes, brown corduroy pants, a roll neck heavy wool sweater complete with scarf/shawl, and my original jacket. Comfy as a bug in a rug I was now feeling much better. I didn’t even need gloves as I folded up my blanket and laid it across my lap with my hands tucked neatly under it.

No the windows were not rolled down, nor was the air conditioning turned on. My husband was fitted out in a short sleeved shirt and trousers. He was comfortable! I was comfortable! We were now, however, in total agreement on the temperature. At least the temperature inside the car. And I was delighted with my new duds!!!

Famous Wal-Mart catch-phrase...."Did you find everything you were looking for?"

1 comment:

  1. Yep that about sounds right!! Your usual road trips!!LOL

    ReplyDelete