Sunday, November 14, 2010

Aurora (as previously posted last year on my blog, now vacated)



Anticipating the dawn of each new day can provide an opportunity to sparkle and shine. Life is a journey of unlimited possibilities in a eminence of eternal hope. Some days arrive in a mist of fog giving way to frustration and/or confusion which often cast shadows over joy. Others reveal disturbances over the progressive wrenching of the hands of time stealing one’s peace.

My favourite daybreaks are the more quieter ones which unfold in a slower pace, almost breathless emergence. For instance today, were it not for the injections of manmade inventions, my breathing may have been the only sound my ears would have detected. My eyes signalled the brain that the night was almost past. Through the bedroom window I peered in a curious investigative manner. Without the aid of my glasses the sight was even more beautiful as the lingering night sky appeared to be in no hurry to dismiss it’s playful illuminations. My senses were on overdrive as my feet hit the floor commanding my response “Yes, it is good to be alive!”

A closer look revealed castings of the night air had blanketed the distressed blades of grass and surrounding foliage in my beautiful enchanted garden. Yesterday, or so it seems, the area presented a vibrant statement of living. This morning, I felt the urge to run out and embrace the atmosphere in the hopes of restoring life. But alas! It is not within my power.

I am learning, especially in times of sadness and disappointment, peace and joy are definitely possible and attainable. While the frost lay covering the earth, my inner being was not only aware, but truthfully aroused, that all of what I witness and particularly that which I do not see draws me nearer to the light along the way toward eternal hope.

This day advances and I must make a responsible and mature decision to offer myself in the work force of life, although, part of me remains submerged in a world of words. Words that consume my time and stir up childlike emotions which often detain my intended actions. Yet, this is the epitome of who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment