Sunday, November 14, 2010

Mind vs Matter

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Mind verses Matter

On June 25th, a most memorable day
In the year 2009, I remember it this way.

At light’s early dawn to the bakery I went
Bread to make up as the yeast did ferment.

With that duty over, ‘twas home that I came
Assuming another role, yet raising all the same.

My adult child with children of her own
Was experiencing turmoil as she’d never known.

Escaping the pressures that were notably overbearing
Agreeing that a distraction was what we’d be sharing.

Seeking sound advice to her doctor we went
After that visit she was a bit more content.

Respite was the diagnosis for her to unwind and heal
Yet, after the drive home her peace I did steal.

The truth of my actions, I don’t fully understand
In attempting a stunt and the strength it would demand.

Stupidity reigned supreme as out of her car I did get
Without locking it in park, this I sorely regret.

Thinking of my daughter, to her stress I could not add
So my focus was her car, I’d save it and be glad.

Trying desperately to avert going down an incline
A beating I then took to my ribs and my behind.

Getting back into the car was not a sensible thing
Nor grabbing the steering wheel as it tried to take wing

A run-a-way car - a frightening and moving violation.
Super Woman I am not, this middle-aged creation.

When someone asked, “what were you thinking of?”
I suppose the brain can slip a gear in an action of love.

The moral of my story I choose to share with you
Never attempt to be a hero without the suitable glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment